Apply for NABSA’s 2023 Research Scholarship
by Kiran Herbert, Communications Manager
May 1, 2023
The Meddin Scholarship awards a single applicant with one year of access to all NABSA events, including its annual conference.
Are you an up-and-coming shared micromobility researcher or do you know one?
The North American Bikeshare and Scootershare Association (NABSA) is currently accepting applications for its Meddin Emerging Research Scholarship.
The scholarship was created to honor the legacy of Russell Meddin, a longtime bike share champion and advocate. Long before shared micromobility was on anyone’s radar in North America, Meddin was a passionate expert, traveling around the world to use bike share. Meddin brought bike share to Philadelphia and created the Bike-sharing World Map. In his lifetime, he organized countless meetings with bike share manufacturers, operators, and innovators — Meddin knew everyone and was truly one of our industry’s earliest pioneers.
Meddin passed in 2020 and NABSA has set up this ongoing scholarship in his honor to support up-and-coming shared micromobility researchers. Every year, the Meddin Scholarship awards a single applicant with one year of access to NABSA’s members-only Knowledge Share database and virtual events, and an admission ticket to its annual conference, the leading global venue for shared micromobility professionals, transportation leaders, practitioners, and equipment providers.
Eligible applicants include:
- Masters or Ph.D. student researchers
- Individuals who have graduated from a relevant program within the last five years
- An academic in a relevant field
- Individuals affiliated with an educational institution, nonprofit, think tank, etc.
- NABSA will accept applications from unaffiliated researchers who have a track record of publicly accessible relevant research
- Be researching shared micromobility
- Comply with NABSA’s core values
- Publish the research publicly — NABSA’s goal is to share that research with their members and other shared micromobility professionals
Applications for this year’s scholarship are due Thursday, May 11, 2023. If you have questions, contact NABSA Membership & Engagement Director Laura Mallonee by emailing email@example.com.
The Better Bike Share Partnership is funded by The JPB Foundation as a collaboration between the City of Philadelphia, the National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO), and the PeopleForBikes Foundation to build equitable and replicable bike share systems. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, or sign up for our weekly newsletter. Have a question or a story idea? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.